We will protect your privacy matters at Kingdom Home.
Kingdom Home (”we”, “us”, “our”) complies with the New Zealand Privacy Act 1993 (the Act)
when dealing with personal information. Personal information is information about an
identifiable individual (a natural person).
Kingdom Home recognises the importance of safeguarding clients’ personal information. This
policy sets out how we will collect, use, disclose and protect your personal information.
The collection of your personal information and/or your client’s personal information is essential
to enable to us to conduct our business of offering and providing you with our range of products
and services (“Services”). This information may be confidential or sensitive, so we think it is
important you know how we treat this information.
use and disclose individuals’ personal information.
1. Who do we collect your personal information from?
In order to provide our Services, it is essential we collect and process some personal information.
The information we collect can include:
- Information you provide when using our Services. This includes information provided at the
time of registering or utilising any of our Services, interacting with our staff, or posted
- If you contact us, we may keep a copy of the correspondence.
- Details of transactions you carry out with our team or using our technology including the
fulfilment of these transactions.
- Details of your visits to our websites including, but not limited to, traffic data, location data,
weblogs and other communication data, whether this is required for our own billing purposes
or otherwise, and the resources you access.
2. IP Addresses
We may collect information about your computer, including, where available, your IP address,
operating system and browser type, for system administration and to report aggregate information
for our advertisers. This is statistical data about our users’ browsing patterns and actions, and
does not identify any individual.
In order for us to provide the Services, you may be asked to access websites operated by
Cookies are small text files, which are placed on your computer when you access a website or
application. They are a common feature used by many websites and other applications. Cookies
do not have the capability to perform actions by themselves. They can be used for tracking,
authentication, marketing and managing user information. Most browser technology will allow
you to prevent your browser or device to not accept cookies. This may result in certain functions
of the website being diminished.
4. How does Kingdom Home use your information?
We may use your information:
- To establish your requirements and provide the appropriate product or service;
- To set up, administer and manage our products and services;
- To understand your needs and improve our products and services, including training and
developing our staff and representatives;
- For the security of its staff and clients;
- For any other use you authorise;
- For internal research purposes;
- To ensure the secure and proper operation of our websites;
- To protect our rights;
- To communicate with you;
- To verify your identity
5. Sharing your information
We use and disclose your personal information for the purposes we collected it. We may use and disclose your personal information for a secondary purpose only if the secondary purpose is directly related to the purpose of collection. When necessary and in connection with the purposes listed above, we may disclose your personal information to:
- Any business that supports our services and products, including any person that hosts or maintains any underlying IT system or data centre that we use to provide the website or other services and products
- A credit reference agency for the purpose of credit checking you
- Other third parties (for anonymised statistical information)
- A person who can require us to supply your personal information (e.g. a regulatory authority)
- Any other person authorised by the Act or another law (e.g. a law enforcement agency)
- Any other person authorised by you.
- Lenders and lending institutions in respect to refinancing your home loan
A business that supports our services and products may be located outside New Zealand. This may mean your personal information is held and processed outside New Zealand
6. Accessing and correcting your personal information
Subject to certain grounds for refusal set out in the Act, you have the right to access your readily retrievable personal information that we hold and to request a correction to your personal information. Before you exercise this right, we will need evidence to confirm that you are the individual to whom the personal information relates.
In respect of a request for correction, if we think the correction is reasonable and we are reasonably able to change the personal information, we will make the correction. If we do not make the correction, we will take reasonable steps to note on the personal information that you requested the correction.
If you want to exercise either of the above rights, email us at [insert email address]. Your email should provide evidence of who you are and set out the details of your request (e.g. the personal information, or the correction, that you are requesting).
We may charge you our reasonable costs of providing to you copies of your personal information or correcting that information.
7. Personal Information Storage
We will endeavour to store personal information on secure servers and encrypt any passwords and transactions details you provide to us.
We will use every security precaution reasonably available to us to maintain the security of your personal information. However, there are risks inherent in transmitting and storing data online. As such, we cannot guarantee data sent or stored electronically will be secure, and any information provided to us is at your own risk.
>We will endeavour to contact you if any security breaches compromise the security of your personal information.
We would like to use and disclose your personal information to keep you up to date with the range of products or services available from us. Generally, we will use and disclose your personal information for our marketing purposes and may use your information in other aspects of our business.
If you do not want us to use and disclose your personal information for marketing purposes, please advise us of this during the on-boarding process or contact us by:
- Telephoning us on 09 528 6780;
- Email on email@example.com