In recognition of the importance of protecting the privacy and security of your personal information, Kingdom Home is committed to complying with the Privacy Act 2020. This privacy statement would help you to understand how we collect and manage your personal information. This may include your name, address, telephone number, email address and proof of identification.
Please note that this policy is subject to change in accordance with the latest Privacy Act required by the Privacy Commissioner of New Zealand.
Your personal information is collected when you…
- access or use our website
- send enquiries regarding properties via email or text
- interact with our representatives via telephone, letter or email
- complete tenancy application forms
- complete surveys, provide feedback or lodge complaints to us
We may also collect your personal information from third parties through others that you have authorized (lawyers, accountants, financial advisers and references), publicly available information where you have given your consent and third party companies such as credit reporting agencies, law enforcement agencies and government entities.
Please note that it is optional for you to provide these information. However, if you choose to withhold your contact information or proof of identification, we will be unable to process your tenancy application for renting purposes.
Your personal information is collected for the purpose of...
- Recording attendance at a property viewing and interest in a listing
- Providing property management services by verifying your identity, vetting the application of potential tenants using background checks and credit checks
- Internal business management including record keeping, to monitor, measure, and improve the service we provide.
- Marketing and promoting our services to potential clients and customers
- Complying with all relevant laws, such as requirements to record and report transactions under anti-money laundering and counter-terrorist financing laws, maintain records for real estate agent code of conduct regulation and tax purposes, and to comply with any lawfully issued notice to provide information to a regulatory agency, including the New Zealand Police and Serious Fraud Office.
- Debt collection of money that you owe to us
- Responding to enquiries and provide information about existing and new properties or services
- Processing and responding to any complaints made by you; and
- For any other purpose authorized by you or the Act
We may disclose your information to...
- Our employees, related bodies corporate, contractors or service providers for the purposes of providing services to you.
- A credit reference agency for the purpose of conducting a credit check on you
- A person who can require us to supply your personal information (e.g. a regulatory authority)
- Any other person authorised by the Act or another law (e.g. a law enforcement agency)
- Any other person authorised by you.
How we protect your personal information
Kingdom Home will take reasonable steps to ensure that your personal information is safe from loss, unauthorised activity and other forms of misuse.
As a disclaimer, we would like to advise that:- if you contact us through email, we may retain the content of our email correspondence and your email address.- if you interact with any forms of our social media contents, the information about yourself, including your name, profile information and profile picture may be available to us. Please note that any information you provide over the internet will be at your own risk.
You have the right to know what personal information we hold about you and to request for a correction of that information. However, this information will only be disclosed to you if you are able to provide evidence to confirm your identity.
You will be notified as soon as practical of any breach involving your personal information where we believe it has caused serious harm or is likely to do so.
If you have any questions about how we manage your personal information or wish to exercise your rights above, please contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org.